Call for Applications is now OPEN!
Deadline: 12 September 2022 at 23:59 CET
The European Student Think Tank (EST) is currently seeking new team members for its Working Group on Human Rights!
What’s the prospect?
As a think tank for youth, by youth, EST occupies a unique position: it informs its young audience about European affairs and represents their voices at the European Union level. Moreover, the Working Group is in close contact with the European Institutions and regularly participates in the bi-annual European Youth Event.
What’s my role?
As a member of the Working Group on Human Rights in 2022/2023, your main task will be to conduct research on your selected sub-topic of human rights as well as to produce short papers. This platform will allow you to hold student workshops, participate in debates and interact with policy-makers. Being part of the EST Working Group on Human Rights also means entering a wide-ranging network of engaged students, as well as the acquisition of key professional skills in academic writing, analysis and project management. As a student-run group, we coordinate online and put great emphasis on granting volunteers space for their primary responsibilities at university and work. You should expect to commit an average of 3-4 hours per week to this extra-curricular project, which will adapt to your own schedule.
What’s EST looking for?
To best support our Working Group and benefit most from the experience yourself, you should:
- be enrolled in a degree in social sciences, or humanities (Bachelor, Master or PhD level);
- have a strong interest in research and policy, with a particular emphasis in the European Union;
- professional/C1 level of English;
- ideally contribute with some practical insights in the area of human rights;
- bring the motivation and time to stay committed for the full project cycle September 2022-August 2023).
If we sparked your interest and you believe that you would be a good fit, please apply by 12 September 2022 at 23:59 CET by sending:
- your CV (1-2 pages maximum);
- a cover letter of max. 800 words, outlining your relevant experiences, skills, and interests;
- recommended but not mandatory: a short writing sample of your choice.
Please send your applications to email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application!