Applications for Podcast Director 2022-2023 OPEN
Would you like to make a real impact on the discussions shaping the future of Europe? Are you keen to work with a dynamic, diverse and international team as part of a thriving youth-led think tank? Do you have experience editing, scripting or hosting a podcast? Then you are perfect for the role of Podcast Director at the European Student Think Tank!
The person covering this role would be responsible for the management of the podcast team and the EST podcast channel. Tasks will include supervising the editing of scripts and tracks; ensuring the quality and content of each episode is in line with the themes and principles of the organization; facilitating the organization of recording sessions and ensuring the regular publication of new episodes. You will also be in charge of overseeing the various sections of the podcast team, ensuring communication among team members and creating a synergic, dynamic environment for everyone, as well as coordinating and organising the production and publication of episodes, ensuring the respect of weekly schedules and goals. The role will demand between 5 and 8 hours per week, with fluctuations due to pauses in publications and higher volume periods.
- Excellent command of the English language, with a special focus on your editing, writing and speaking abilities
- Experience with podcast/radio scripting and sound editing
- Passionate about communication and media production
- Interest and/or background in European affairs, including politics, culture, economics, climate and security
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Experience in team leadership or past coordinating roles is desirable
- A Cover Letter that includes:
- Your motivation
- Your experience with podcasts and media production
- Your vision for the EST Podcast Channel if you were to become Director
- An original script, recording or editing sample
- Optional: links to published material
This position is open until filled. If your application passes the first round, you will be asked to be interviewed during the month of July. Please include the requested documents in the following application form.
If you have any queries about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All positions are voluntary and unpaid, and are open to ALL students and young professionals with a good command of English.