Applications for Communications Team Members 2023-2024
What is the prospect?
Are you interested in working with a pan-European group of students and young professionals sharing your same vision for the EU? Would you like to help this group to get involved in the policy-making process putting your communication skills into practice? Then apply to join the Communications Team of the EST!
What’s my role?
As part of the Communications Team, you are the voice of our organisation. This position will allow you to put into practice your knowledge and skills in communications. It is a great opportunity to test your capacities surrounded by a young and dynamic environment and to expand your network. You will contribute to the mission to actively communicate the EST’s work and values. We are looking to recruit different profiles for different roles:
- Website manager: Your tasks will include publishing articles, events, and newspapers on the EST website. In addition to this, you will also be responsible for updating the website with relevant information regarding the most up to date events occurring within the organisation.
- Social Media Manager: You will post content throughout different social media platforms such as, Instagram, Facebook, X (formerly Twitter) and LinkedIn.
- Video editor: You will be contributing to the creation of video content mainly for Instagram (Reels) and our Youtube channel (which mainly works as an events repository). Your contribution can take different forms: you can record the content yourself (show yourself sometimes) and/or you can edit video content received.
- Video content creator: You will be creating videos (mainly Reels) for the EST. You will be expected to record yourself explaining different issues pertaining to the EU and the EST as an organisation.
These roles will require a commitment of 5-6 hours per week throughout the whole term.
Please note that these positions are unpaid and done in a voluntary capacity.
What’s the EST looking for:
- Excellent command of English (level C1)
- Strong organisational skills
- Creative and imaginative skills
- Basic knowledge of at least one of the following:
- Canva (or familiarity with another graphic editor and the motivation to become familiar with Canva)
- WordPress and the motivation to learn more.
- Video editing tools and programs.
- Social media management
- Newsletter tools like Mailchimp or Sender
If we sparked your interest and you believe that you would be a good fit, please apply by 1 November 2023 at 23.59 CET by sending the documents (in English) outlined below through this form:
- Curriculum Vitae (1-2 pages maximum)
- Letter of motivation (1 page maximum) which should include:
- Your motivation
- Why you are a strong candidate to fill this position
- What role inside the communications team are you most interested in (Website manager, community manager, graphic designer, video editor, content creator…)
- Optional but an asset: examples of previous projects or experience in communications (website design samples, graphic samples or video samples)
Profiles will be examined on a rolling basis, and the call may be closed earlier than expected if all the positions are filled!
Note: please be aware that the EST will request a symbolic 5€ membership fee per term (from the moment of appointment until the 31st of July) that will contribute to cover the administrative costs of the organisation.
If you have any queries about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.