Applications for Editors-in-Chief 2023-2024 (CLOSED)
Are you passionate about Europe? Do you have a high command of the English language and an eye for detail? Then you are in luck because the EST is currently looking for two new Editors-in-Chief!
As Editor-in-Chief of the EST, you will be responsible for organising writers and editors in the Editorial Office, as well as engaging with other EST departments, including the International Office, the Working Groups, the Podcast Team, and the Communications Team. The Editors-in-Chief are also in charge of publishing the peer-reviewed European Policy Review journal, running the annual European Policy Prize (involving the forging of partnerships with other organisations), and collaborating with the organisation’s Academic Advisory Board. With the support of your co-Editor-in-Chief and the Deputy Editor-in-Chief, you will have the capacity to excel in all your responsibilities. This role will demand 8-10 hours from you per week.
- Excellent command of editing and writing skills in the English language
- Knowledge of how to outreach to other organisations and individuals
- Be knowledgeable about a wide range of European affairs
- Strong leadership and communication qualities
- Organisational skills
- Possess a vision for the EST
- 1 or 2-page CV
- Motivation letter which should include:
- Your motivation
- Why you are a strong candidate to fill this position
- A description of your vision for the EST, including specific objectives you would like to achieve
- Original writing sample
The Call for Applications will be open between the 5th and the 30th of June (23:59 CEST). If your application passes the first round, you will be invited to an interview during the month of July.
If you have any queries about the role, then contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All positions are voluntary and unpaid, and are open to ALL students and young professionals with a good command of English.