Application for Working Group on Youth Employment 2023-2024 OPEN!
The European Student Think Tank (EST), a Pan-European youth organisation, is now recruiting members for the Working Group on Youth Employment.
What’s the prospect?
As a think tank for youth by youth, the EST occupies a unique position: it informs its young audience about European affairs and offers a platform for young people to express themselves in relation to the European Union. Moreover, the Working Group is closely connected with the European Institutions and has previously participated in the bi-annual European Youth Event (EYE).
What’s my role?
As a member of the Working Group on Youth Employment in 2023/2024, your main task will be to conduct research on your selected sub-topic of youth employment, which will then be published on the organisation’s website in the form of short articles, papers, policy briefs or in collaboration with our communications department (graphics, video and podcast). As a member of this team, you will also have the opportunity of organising and attending workshops, participating in debates and interacting with policy-makers. Being part of the EST Working Group on Youth Employment also means entering a wide network of engaged students and young professionals, while acquiring key professional skills in academic writing, analysis and project management. As a youth-run group, our work develops entirely online, granting not only great levels of accessibility, but also allowing our volunteers to prioritise their primary responsibilities at university and at work. You should expect to commit an average of 5 hours per week to this extra-curricular project, which will adapt to your own schedule.
What’s the EST looking for?
To optimally support our Working Group and fully contribute to the experience, we look for candidates that:
- Pursue an Academic Path: be enrolled in a social sciences, economics, or humanities degree at the Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD level; or be a recent graduate;
- Engage in Collaborative Brainstorming: collaborate and brainstorm with fellow students, fostering creativity within the group;
- Express Interest in Policy across the European Union: have a passion for research and policy across the European Union and Member States, especially where this touches upon issues of youth employment;
- Contribute Deep Interest in Youth Employment: ideally, offer practical expertise in the field of youth employment.
- Language Skills: professional level of English (C1);
- Commit Time and Energy: stay dedicated throughout the entire project cycle from 1 October 2023 to 31 July 2024. (ca. 5 hours per week)
By meeting these criteria, you will be well-positioned to contribute to the EST’s mission, benefitting both in terms of personal growth and community advancement.
How to apply
If our Working Group has sparked your interest and you believe that you would be a good fit, please apply by 15 September 2023 by sending the following:
- your CV (max. 2 pages);
- a cover letter of max. 800 words outlining your relevant experience, skills, and interests;
- Highly recommended: a short writing sample of your choice (max. 3000 words). This does not have to be related to policy but needs to demonstrate strong research and writing skills. If you submit a piece unrelated to policy, please include a brief explanatory statement (max. 100 words).
Please be aware that the EST will request a 5€ membership fee per term (from the time of appointment until 31st July) that will contribute to cover the administrative costs of the organisation.
The Youth Employment Working Group is also looking for its new Head that will occupy a leadership position coordinating and supervising the work of the other team members. If you are interested and would like to apply for the position as Head, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Please send us your motivation letter,CV, and writing sample by filling out the form here.
If you have any questions, feel free to email the Working Groups Coordinators at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application!