Applications for Vice-Presidency 2023-2024 (CLOSED)
Are you interested in working with a pan-European group of students and young professionals sharing a vision for the EU? Would you like to help set the framework for this group and beyond to get involved in the EU policy-making process?
As Vice President you will be responsible for the internal communication and functioning of the Board, as well as externally for setting up partnerships and collaborating with other organisations (this will be most of your work). The latter requires a vision according to which you want to see the EST’s network expand and the consciousness to connect EST events or projects with partner organisations. On a day-to-day basis you will be the primary contact point for third parties or young Europeans interested in the EST, towards whom you represent the organisation. Internally, you will also keep minutes and be responsible for part of the administration, together with the Presidency, supporting it. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the management of the events collaborating with all the EST members. Vice-Presidency will be constituted by 2 Vice-Presidents, splitting the tasks equally between them. It is also expected that both Vice-Presidents are able to commit to this role until July 2024, to an average of 8-9 hours per week.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Be knowledgeable about a wide range of European affairs
- Strong leadership and communication qualities
- Previous experience in Public Relations/External Relations is considered an asset, but it is not exclusive
- Experience in managing the organisation of events is considered an asset, but it is not exclusive
- Organisational skills, to which familiarity with working in a think-tank is included;
- Have a vision for the EST.
- 1 or 2-page CV
- Motivation letter which should include:
- Your motivation
- Why you are a strong candidate to fill this position
- A description of your vision for the EST, including specific objectives you would like to achieve
The Call for Applications will be open between the 5th and the 30th of June (23:59 CEST). If your application passes the first round, you will be invited to an interview during the month of July.
If you have any queries about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: All positions are voluntary and unpaid, and are open to ALL students and young professionals with a good command of English.