Call for Contributions is CLOSED!
Deadline: 23rd of January
World Cancer Day on 4 February is the global uniting initiative led by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC). By raising worldwide awareness, improving education and merging personal, collective and government action, reimagining a world where millions of cancer deaths are prevented and equal access to life-saving cancer treatment and care for all is possible.
Inaugurated in 2000, World Cancer Day has grown into a positive movement for everyone to unite under one voice to face one of our greatest health hazards.
World Cancer Day’s 2020 theme, ‘I Am and I Will’, is all about each and anyone of us and our commitment to act.
Suggested article topics:
- Cancer Care in the European Union
- European Health Policy with a focus on Cancer
- Cancer and Health Economics in the EU
- Civil society action and advocacy on cancer prevention and equal access to treatment
- Cancer Care and Research in the era of GDPR
- 5G and Internet of Things (IoT): An ally or an enemy in the fight against Cancer
- Novelties in Cancer Prevention, Diagnosis and Care (Artificial Intelligence, Big Data etc)
- Cancer in vulnerable groups (Children, pregnant women, elderly people)
- The goal of reducing premature deaths from cancer by one third by 2030
Contributions on other topic than the ones listed above are also highly welcomed.
Suggested forms of contributions: Articles 500 to 1500 words OR Artworks (literary and visual arts).
Interested to share your thoughts on the topic? Please send your article to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 23rd of January. To make sure that your contribution gets published on time, please respect the deadline.
Articles should be written in an academic manner (APA citation and reference style). Genuine and personal writing are of course encouraged as long as they abide by the principles of Evidence Based Science.
Artworks should be sent in PDF or PNG format along with a short text elaborating on the way the artwork is related to the topic.
We are looking forward to receiving your work soon!