Being an EST Ambassador means being part of an international network. Your role and contributions as an Ambassador are key factors to EST’s growing success. You will become the main contact point for the EST within your country, and together we work on building a diverse and inclusive network.
The list of countries is as follows: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden.
As an Ambassador, you will acquire first-hand experience working within an international organisation and think tank, and you will become involved in the European policy-making process. The main objective as an Ambassador is to get students in your country involved in online and offline debates and to collaborate with students all across Europe. Your responsibilities include:
- writing (academic) papers, opinion pieces and blogs, and undertaking interviews and making vlogs;
- organizing events on today’s important political issues (e.g. trips to EU institutions or other institutions; discussions; collaborative working groups and publishing reports);
- contributing to Common Articles relating to current EST-campaigns;
- promoting EST (e.g. via Social Media) in your country and at your university or government, and building a national network of enthusiastic student contributors and professors;
- updating the EST International Officers on the activities you are organizing and submitting reports on this each month;
As the EST is a young organisation, there is also plenty of room for your own ideas and initiatives!
The EST is looking for motivated, proactive candidates who have an excellent command of English and good written, verbal and social skills. In addition, Ambassadors are required to live in the country they represent and to be familiar with the country’s higher education system.
If you are interested, please upload your CV and motivation letter on the 2023 – 2024 EST Ambassador Application Form (google.com)
The deadline for application is the 18th of February 2024.