Call for Applications is now OPEN!
Deadline: 12 September 2022 at 23.59 CET
The European Student Think Tank (EST), a Pan-European youth organization, is currently seeking to recruit new team members to form the Working Group on Security and Defense.
What’s the prospect?
As a think tank for youth, by youth, EST occupies a unique position: it informs its young audience about European affairs. With the current pandemic scenario, public health and governmental policies have taken a pivotal role in European affairs. As CoViD-19 has brought about several administrative and health-related policy changes, the EST WG on Public Health and Policy will represent the youth at the European Union level.
What’s my role?
As a member of the Working Group on Security and Defense in 2022/2023, your main task will be to conduct research on your selected sub-topic of security and defense as well as produce short papers. This platform will allow you to hold student workshops, participate in debates and interact with policy-makers. Being part of the EST Working Group on Security and Defense also means entering a wide-ranging network of engaged students, as well as the acquisition of key professional skills in academic writing, analysis and project management. As a student-run group, we coordinate online and put great emphasis on granting volunteers space for their primary responsibilities at university and work. You should expect to commit an average of 3-4 hours per week to this extra-curricular project, which will adapt to your own schedule.
What’s EST looking for?
- be enrolled in a degree in social sciences, or humanities (Bachelor, Master or PhD level);
- have a strong interest in research and policy, with a particular emphasis in the European Union;
- professional/C1 level of English;
- ideally contribute with some practical insights in the area of security and defense;
- bring the motivation and time to stay committed for the full project cycle September 2022-August 2023).
If we sparked your interest and you believe that you would be a good fit, please apply by 12 September 2022 at 23.59 CET by sending:
- your CV;
- a cover letter of max. 800 words, outlining your relevant experiences, skills, and interests;
- recommended but not mandatory: a writing sample of your choice.
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application Security and Defense Working Group” in the subject line.
We look forward to receiving your application!