Applications for Ambassadors for Spring 2022 are CLOSED
We are currently recruiting for Ambassadors to any European or non-European country, except for Italy, Turkey, Georgia and Spain. Applications open from the 11th of January until the 1st of February!
Are you interested in the European Union and would you like to contribute to bridging the gap between the EU and its students? Then apply to become an EST Ambassador in your country! Whilst the EST is focused on European issues, we welcome potential Ambassadors from countries in and outside of Europe. You just need to be motivated to develop great content with us!
Being an EST Ambassador means being part of an international network. Your role and contributions as an Ambassador are key factors to EST’s growing success. You will become the main contact point for the EST within your country, and together we will work on building a diverse and inclusive network.
As an Ambassador, you will acquire first-hand experience working within an international organization and think tank, and you will become involved in the European policy-making process. The main objective of Ambassadorship is to get students in your country involved in online and offline debates and to collaborate with students/ young professionals all across Europe. Your responsibilities include:
- Creating content: Writing papers, opinion pieces and blogs, contributing to common publications relating to current EST campaigns, conducting interviews, making vlogs.
- Organizing or participating in events relating to current political issues: Trips to EU or other political institutions, collaboration in working groups…
- Building a network: Promoting EST via social media and other channels in your country, at your university or to your government, and building a national network of enthusiastic student contributors and academic advisors.
- Contributing to the EST Podcast: You may be invited to the podcast as a guest speaker!
- Updating the EST International Officers: Detailing the activities that you are organizing and submitting reports on this each month.
As the EST is a young organisation, there is also plenty of room for your own ideas and initiatives!
The EST is looking for motivated, proactive candidates who have an excellent command of English and good written, verbal and social skills. In addition, Ambassadors are required to live in the country they represent and to be familiar with the country’s higher education system. Ambassadors are required to have good planning and organizational skills. Social media savviness is considered an asset.
Ambassadors are asked to dedicate a minimum of 5 hours per week on average to this role. There is a two-month trial period before being appointed for the full term. When successful, you will be appointed as an Ambassador of EST until summer 2022.
If you are interested and would like to apply to the position of Ambassador of EST, please send us your motivation letter and a CV by Wednesday the 1st of February, 23:59 CET, by filling out the form here.
If you have any questions, feel free to email the International Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.